Country of origin: Egypt
Loofah is a plant native to Egypt that thrives in the country’s climate and soil conditions; As a result, it is planted in the month of April every year. After planting, it needs a wooden cube. It takes only four months to harvest the loofah and then be sold to countries in the Middle East and other parts of the world for a huge profit.
The loofah is a climbing plant with stems. It has large, simple leaves that are lobed to 5 or 7 lobes, rough to the touch, dark green and yellow flowers, and it has a smooth cylindrical shape with deep green stripes.
Types of Egyptian loofah
There are two distinct types of loofah produced in Egypt
- Foreigner Loofah: the loofah is larger than the baladi, its texture is soft, and the fibers need to be cohesive, which dissolve quickly, so it is not preferable to export it.
- Municipal loofah: A piece of loofah has a small size, a coarse texture, cohesive fibers and does not melt quickly and soften quickly. It is one of the preferred types of export.
Loofah cultivation places in Egypt
Loofah can be grown in all types of arable lands that are not affected by salt and have sufficient drainage. Ideal for growing this plant in Soil, it can also be cultivated in reclaimed sandy areas, provided that drainage and fertilization procedures are carefully observed. The lake is famous for its cultivation of the Egyptian loofah plant, as it was one of the crops that was neglected in recent years until it was returned to production in the Belbeis area, where it is now cultivated. In recent years, there has been a growth in agricultural production, especially in the villages of Anshas Al-Raml and Al-Zawamil, which cover an area of about 200 acres.
Advantages of the Egyptian loofah
- It is a long size.
- It has a distinctive thickness.
- It has a coarse texture, which qualifies it to be one of the most important products for body care and skin exfoliation.
Opportunities to export bathing loofah from Egypt to abroad
due to the high price of a regular bathing loofah in the European market, ranging from about 2.5 euros to about 4 euros, depending on the size and appearance. The fiber, while Egyptian fiber, is exported at a price ranging from 8 to 15 Egyptian pounds, so European countries are considered among the most important importers of Egyptian fiber.
Export specifications required in the Egyptian loofah
- Since it is considered an agricultural crop, the Egyptian loofah must first be cultivated in a way that prevents leaving any traces of pesticide residues on the loofah itself. This must be done throughout the cultivation period.
- The output of the loofah should be large and fully developed, and any diseased species that appear defective in appearance, or appear black, should be discarded. The desired color of the source loofah is white to yellow in appearance.
- The loofah cobs should be firm and consistent in appearance and should not contain any planting defects or pests that could harm the loofah, including mealy disease or red spiders.
How to export the Egyptian loofah to European countries?
- The loofah is collected from the manufacturers, and then samples are sent to the countries interested in importing them. This is done to ensure that the loofah meets the international quality standards necessary for export.
- Collect the loofah in the quantities requested by those companies that import, write the legal contracts for the product and shipment, the method of shipment that has been agreed upon between the exporter and the importer, and agree on the quantity to be shipped.
- Carrying out packaging work within its specialized facilities, preparing the consignment for transportation on the ship, and completing all export operations, including customs clearance and the necessary papers and documents.
- It is also possible to skip all the steps that came before in the process of exporting the Egyptian loofah by going directly to AR Trading. AR Trading Company is one of the best companies specializing in exporting. The company is keen to provide the best types of Egyptian loofahs of high quality to European countries and is interested in opening more One of the markets for this highly demanded product in foreign markets.
The most important importing egyptian loofah
European countries are among the most important importing countries because the Egyptian loofah has excellent quality in terms of its thickness and length, and Cyprus is one of the most important countries in terms of using this product. In addition, people in Cyprus use it for bathing and exfoliating their skin. Many people consider it one of the most important body care products.