Country of Origin: Egypt
export mandarin oranges are citrus fruits that have a sweet taste and are small in size, and because of this, they are among the fruits that children love, and are characterized by their many benefits to the body, with reference to the nutritional value of this winter fruit, so through the next article we will learn about the types of mandarins and the volume of Egypt’s exports to the countries abroad, and the most important countries that export mandarin oranges from Egypt
Benefits of export mandarin oranges
Due to its diverse nutritional content, the mandarin fruit has many important benefits. Here are the most important benefits of it:
- For glowing and fresh skin.
- Promote a healthy immune system.
- For brain health.
- Improve circulatory health.
- Improve digestion.
- Fighting cancer.
- Strengthening bones and muscles.
- for eye health.
- Excess weight loss.
export mandarin oranges types
- Clementine: It is a type of mandarin and although the difference between clementine and mandarin is that clementine is a small variety that is sweet and seedless unlike mandarin.
- Altangelo: This fruit is a type of tangerine, as it is a mixture between a pomelo and a tangerine, and some may confuse a mandarin with a large orange.
- Temples: Also known as the royal mandarin, it is a hybrid fruit that resulted from the hybridization of both mandarins and oranges.
- Dancy: This type of tangerine is a bit rare.
- Tanjore: A tanjore is actually a hybrid tangerine, which is a mixture of the traditional tangerine and sweet orange.
- Punkan: This type of mandarin is 7 to 8 cm across and plump.
- Lucan: It is similar in size to the bunkan fruit and has a rough and slightly loose skin with some wrinkles, in addition to being easy to peel.
- Swato: About the same size as Lucan and Punkan.
- Mandelo Mandarin: It is the product of a cross between mandarin, tangerine and pomelo, and it is the size of a grapefruit.
The most important countries that import Egyptian mandarin oranges
It revealed that Egypt has been on the throne of exporting mandarins during the past four years, after it overtook Spain and South Africa, and Egyptian mandarins are now invading the world, as they are exported to:
- Gulf countries
China and Russia are the two countries that import citrus in general from Egypt, followed by the Gulf countries.
Since each country has certain conditions and specifications for the mandarins that it wants to import from Egypt, they are sorted based on several specifications, and then the mandarins are exported according to the requests of each country.
Export provides good profits for farmers and owners of export terminals, and also benefits the national economy through the introduction of hard currency.
The volume of Egypt’s export mandarin oranges
Egypt produces large quantities of citrus export fruits (including oranges, tangerines, and lemons), which is reflected in many statistics that talk about export earnings, as the latest official figures indicate that the total exports amounted to 1,871,150 tons in the period from January 2021 to 8 December 2021, according to a report from the Agricultural Quarantine Authority submitted to the Ministry of Agriculture.
Egypt is among the top 5 citrus exporting countries in the world, competing with Spain and South Africa, according to international reports. The cost of exports amounted to 843,154,859 dollars, according to the latest report issued by the Export Council for Agricultural Crops last September. export mandarin oranges in Egypt.